30 August 2005

An entry dedicated to a particular someone

To the person I once said 'You're like an open book' to:

All I can say is, I guess I have to take it all back, you've managed to make me eat my own words. You were not an easy read as I thought you were. I reckon I took it for granted that you were simple, much like the friends we have in common.

Seeing how things have changed between us in such a blur, I feel a sense of pity looking at the way things turned out. I do not regret changing (ok, maybe a little) my original, extreme decisions, cos' it was through that I got to know you better as a person, a friend. For those short-lived, few days, it felt like I've gotten to know someone who could be a genuine person and friend; one seemingly uncommon nowadays.

Friendships come and go as quickly as they start. I've long accepted that fact. Letting a friend like you go, seems strangely hard. I do miss chatting on the phone with you now and then, talkin to you online even if it gets really lame and dumb sometimes. You are probably the only person I could never really look at straight in the eye, taunt me mercilessly and still somehow get away with it.

Now, you act as if I were non-existent. A vast difference from us even as acquaintances in the past. Looking back, not knowing each other made us better friends than we are now. Ah well, I guess I'll have to learn to say goodbye somehow (I seem to be getting the hang of it by the way, at this rate).

Goodbye my friend. Remember you made me promise that I'll never delete your number from my phonebook? Well I've managed to, I finally gained the strength to.

- Seriously, I don't even know if the person I wrote this for would even still come to my blog and read this entry. I highly doubt it. This is my form of closure I guess. To be optimistic, I'd rather there be no need for one but who am I kiddin after all.. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment