27 October 2006

After my first exam...

This was written on Tuesday afternoon, 24 oct 2006.

To show how much I love blogging, I had actually written down my thoughts in one of my notebooks RIGHT after my COM2020 exam. K, actually it's cos I'm waiting for zhen, and I had nothing to do, so where shall I start?

Oh, I'm sitting at the cafe in the Menzies building, on Clayton campus. Yes, my campus is NOT Clayton but Caulfield. Ah, so I guess shall start with my trip to my examination venue, I think normal people would actually take the free campus shuttle bus but I decided to take a train to Glen Waverley and then a bus to the campus instead. Siao, you say? Adventure, I say. Ha. I'm deluded I know. Anyhow, thankfully due to the timeliness of the transport schedules (which hardly happens I must add), I was not late/rushed. However as this was my first time to Clayton alone to some unknown building called block 60, I sure had some fear in me. I mean it's my exam day leh. I didn't want to miss it. So yeah, I found the place alright.

It was suddenly empty the cafe.
Dunno why, my shot had lousy timing.



The three things I can't live without.
The Latte, The UVray Protector, The Music on the Move

P/S. The guy who sat in front of me during the exam looked like a scruffy/long-haired version of Derry. I really wanted to burst out laughing, but probably ended up looking like an idiot smirking to myself.

And yeah, I sat for the full two hours of the exam. A rare case you say, yeah I'll agree, cos it's only cos' I really screwed up this exam up. Don't really wanna dwell on it, so don't ask. So there goes one possible distinction, I 'd be amazed if I actually get a credit for that unit. Right now, I'm just looking at a pass. I hate myself for being such a lousy student. I have to say, I've never acted like this in my entire student life.

If you really wonder or are saying it's all cos' I have been procrastinating. That I would wholeheartedly agree. It is my fault. It's just that I'm spent. I feel so drained by this country or probably due to my inability to find people whom I share common interests with and to socialise. As you could have guessed, I've not made any new friends this semester again, probably due to some defect in me. Surprising? But yeah it's true. Oh well, I'm looking forward to graduating and to start work. I think I might feel a bit more useful and maybe to escape loneliness here. I have a plan, and it consists of holding two jobs. That way, I have no time to feel lonely or mope around and at the same time earn more money.. Yay. If I do sound moneyminded that's cos I've learnt the harsh reality of not being wealthy. Mind you, I'm not obsessive about it but it's times like this that you realise the limitations of the lack of that nice bank account or wad of disposable cash. So far, writing till this much has filled 22 minutes of my time. Totally random, but I wish someone would pay me to shop. Ah, my dream job, in a way.

Sitting at the cafe, watching bunches of people walk by, brings back memories of my happier days in poly. I seriously and sincerely thank all who stepped into my life then. If I've never told you how much you meant to me, I'm writing this down now. You guys mean a hell lot to me.


The very night after writing this entry, I had a chat on msn with a friend. I really wanna say again, don't let my experience play any part of your consideration in going overseas to study. It's just that it's me. I get the weirdest shit. It is actually fun, and for me I just have a lot of things to worry about other than my studies. Why not just try it out, and if it really is the pits, like you once told me, 'go back home'. It's not wrong, and if I weren't that stubborn wanting to stick it out and not cry out to my parents, I would love to do that too.

I can't wait to see you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment