18 August 2006

the world we live in

Finally completed the two assignments which was due on wed and thu and submitted on time. I had to do a website analysis for one, actually it was three but yeah, I have to admit it was pretty interesting. The things you actually notice when you are forced to look at it harder and go beyond the superficial layer. I ended up browsing through an article [click on article to be linked, it should open up a new page] about gel bras and terrorism and it was the comments I was more enthralled by (seriously, I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terms, but really, I don't care). The first comment was the most memorable.

It showed how arrogant and racist people can be. I can't say that I have not committed any racial offence in my entire life. I do slip up every now and then like when I join in the fun on disturbing v about his colour. It's not nice, but sometimes, you just do it.

Oh, I don't know. I do hate the way we fight wars nowadays. It's so surreal. It feels as though you are watching something out of a film. I prefer the old days whereby when you know there's a war it's because you feel it, and not that you watch it out of some small lil' boxy screen. I prefer the way it was fought. I liked the da da sha sha (translated from chinese: beat beat kill kill). The blood on the battlefield. Ok, so I'm surmising that's how it happens due to the numerous chinese dramas and battlefield shows I watch. Take technology and diplomacy away when you fight. It's more interesting that way. If I had to die in a war like that and not one which is fought today, I would be glad to.


:: spring is here for the flowers are beginning to bloom::

No comments:

Post a Comment