21 August 2006

a penny for your thoughts

... a shower for mine.

Living in a studio apartment, the shower has become my sanctuary. My little thinking space. Water flowing endlessly, just as thoughts start pouring out. They somehow seem to disappear the moment I step out. Snippets of my thoughts before they hide back in their shells.

the future
I hear friends saying how the future seem so bleak. I wonder, situations are most probably different, but there would be similarities, but were people in the past as dejected as we are now? The sense of hopelessness. What happen to our motivating factor? Is motivation now packaged in the form of consumer products? I want assurance. The knowledge that my future is bright and shining. Through foretellers of the future perhaps? But what if the knowledge is not as bright as I envisioned it to be? Can I change it? Seems unlikely. Seems like a catch 22.

men & relationships
Why do certain men end up with certain people? The question which everyone wonders but might not realise? I have looked at couples and asked myself that very same question. Why is it that the person can't be you? What is it that the particular person has which you don't? Everyone wants the best, in my opinion, for themselves. Is this the best I can do? Is this the best I'm ever gonna get? Relationships, I totally forgot what I thought about.

consumerism
The infiltration of consumerism and capitalism. The couple that will never break up. We live in a material society. I am a product of society. Even the words hold such of the effects of capitalism. Is being a consumer all I truly am part of in this world?

Global village? I really rather be a hermit. I am selfish. I don't need to know news of others, bearing the suffering, sadness of one is enough. This is why I don't like the news.




So many thoughts and questions, such little answers. My thoughts have gone back into hiding. It's all I recall from my last shower. By the way, have happy thoughts people.

No comments:

Post a Comment