12 August 2006

my reply to anonymous

If you read the tags left by anonymous, I would have to say it was pretty interesting at the insights which he/she who parted with me. I wanted to leave a tag back for anonymous, but due to the numerous tags left, I might as well just dedicate one entry. Furthermore, it would make it easier to read what anonymous wrote to. haha.


Here is the answer to your question... You have been living in a bubble of safety in Singapore where you treat those that look up to you like shit.
Yeah, I do agree with you, Singapore is like what you call, my bubble of safety. It is a place I have grown up with, known somewhat well enough to exploit (using the term loosely lest I get blasted at again) enough to my advantage. I'm comfortable in Singapore, I can't deny that.

With regards to treating those who look up to me like shit. How do I do that? I don't even know that people would even look up to me. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend that. I don't want people to look up to me as a person, simply because I am not a good person. Not good enough for people to want to look up to. If you wanna look up to me, I'd prefer it be my capabilities. The work that I have done and shown. Then one would say, wouldn't that be a sad case? Yeah it is, but this is who I have been these past 1/5 (that's if I live till 100) of my life. I do treat people callously at times, but hey the people included are my family members, and good and close friends. So whatever I did to the person(s), I won't know what I have done till I'm made aware of my actions. By the way, there are stuff like circumstances too. I am only human. If whoever was treated like that and did/could put themselves in my shoes and still be unable to understand. It is my bad then. -just had a weird thought, if you looked up to me, means you would know me to a certain extent right? if so, there are variations to that extent right?-
Now that you are in a new country, you have to start again and people are not incline to tlk to you because you don't make the effort first. Allow me to be frank, you are a snobby b*tch.
It's fine for being frank, it's hard to find one who's frank anymore anyway. Am I a snobby bitch because I don't make the effort to interact with others first? Cos' I don't think it quite constitutes as a reason for being a snobby bitch. Bitch is one I've heard used on me countless of times, but a snobby one at that, hmm, I really have to think about that one. I would really like to hear your reasons.


You also have this stubborn attitude which I'm pretty
sure most Australian will dislike tremendously. Here is my advice, don't
reinvent yourself but reflect upon the things you have done in the
past.
Only Australians dislikes stubborn attitudes? Why? Because I won't give in to what I strongly believe in and go with the flow? Because I won't settle for what's less than I think/feel I deserve? Because I think that certain things should be done/said in a certain manner?

I don't quite see what my stubborn attitude has to do with reinventing myself either, but I highly doubt I will, cos if I did or have, wouldn't I be leading a so-called happier life here already? It's pretty tiring and time-consuming to have to reinvent myself don't you think? Changing myself completely, conjuring up traits and personalities which weren't there before?
Reflect and see what you have become... Only then will you know the answer to the questions you ask yourself everyday, everytime you are alone.
I have reflected to a certain extent on what I have done and become, I can't say I love what I have become totally, and I can't say I hate myself totally either. Are there particular instances you are refering to which I should reflect on which I am apparently not deeming as life-changing or important enough? Be specific, it would help wouldn't it? You are most probably right, maybe then I would have those answers, but it would be better if I had a lil' help in this. It's not easy you know.

What piques my interest the most is the impression you have of me. It can't be helped, but it could be better that you were anonymous, as I could not put biasness into reading what you had to say. Leaving such messages, wouldn't that mean you do care for me to a certain extent, which I thank you for, which then again could be misinterpretation on my part. I would however ask that you unmask your anonymous identity and let me know who you are because you might become a friend, if you are already, a better friendship might be forged. I do not type this with sarcasm, contempt or whatsoever. I really do appreciate it. Like I said, frankness is hard to come by these days.

To v and jerms, thanks for standing up for me in your own way :)

I do apologise if this reply is a lil' too long-winded and if anyone got bored reading it along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment